Here's a picture of a sign that I found amusing.
The zipper on my suitcase is actually broken now so like...I hope it survives the journey home...
The radio is playing here in the hostel and the announcer just said something about it being the 4th of July today. Waddya know?! It is the 4th! I had completely forgotten...I guess they don't feel the need to celebrate America's independence in Ireland.
Today was sunny and lovely for once! I did some urban hiking, some park bench sitting, and some gallery visiting. I went to the National Gallery...mostly because I'm afraid of what my mother would say if I didn't go to any art museums on my trip...and also because there's free
I ate lunch at a place called the Bad Ass Cafe. Mostly because of the name.
Here's the Oscar Wilde statue. I saw that today too.
7 comments:
Speaking of dreams, I had a real nightmare last night. I dreamt that Charlotte had come back here. It doesn't get any worse than that. I'm still shaking thinking about it. I should relax as it's not going to happen.
Hey, remember when we were in Dublin before and took that picture faux-barfing in front of the Oscar Wilde statue, because I had just barfed in the middle of the sidewalk? that was cool.
you should go back to the Chester Beatty library. It's the coolest library ever.
you can also go to wagamama! oh and there's that vegetarian cafe that I really liked that had lots of healthy food...but i can't remember the name of it. Fresh, or something like that.
I remember the cafe Nicole is talking about. It was about two blocks from Trinity College. BTW did you go back there and see the illuminated manuscripts? I agree with Nicole, you really should seek out the Chester Beatty Library, because you probably don't remember the amazing books there.
Are you still doing any research?
What became of the interview?
am I the only one outside of your immediate family that is reading this blog? Does that make me one of the family? Am I like that creepy cousin that nobody feels comfortable around?
Yeah... what the hell happened with the interview?
oh yeah... and there's nothing funny about male pattern baldness.
You go home so soon! Are you excited? It's weird to think I've only been gone less than three weeks, and you have been gone for ages! I'm hoping to make it down to Portland in August.... will you be home for most of August?? Best of luck to your broken zipper, and safe travels home!
btw, we celebrated the 4th o' July by watching Dirty Dancing :)
Post a Comment